20% ON-ROAD, 80% OFF-ROAD
The new BFGoodrich® KM3 tire delivers extreme toughness and traction to take drivers anywhere they want to go.
- KRAWL-TEK COMPOUND
- All KM3 tires are designed with industry-leading tread compounds that are designed to enhance grip on rock and other slick surfaces.
- COREGARD MAX TECHNOLOGY
- Helps prevent sidewall splitting and puncturing, thanks to race-proven technology derived from the BFGoodrich® Baja T/A® KR3 tire.
- Protects the critical sidewall failure zone with increased sidewall thickness.
- TRACTION-ARMOR SIDEWALL SCULPTURE
- Boosts traction capabilities in mud and soft soil thanks to a notched shoulder design.
- TERRAIN-ATTACK TREAD DESIGN
- Massive tread blocks are designed to deliver incredible grip from any angle of approach.
- LINEAR FLEX ZONE
- Allows the tire to ex and envelop objects in aired-down situations.
- MUD-PHOBIC BARS
- Release compacted mud for enhanced traction in muddy and soft soil conditions
Made to mud
5% better mud traction
- Power through mud and loose soil with our Terrain-Attack tread design. Its massive tread blocks are designed to deliver incredible grip from any angle of approach, and Mud-Phobic Bars release compacted mud for continued traction.
Built to climb
8% better rock traction
- Take on Earth’s toughest terrain with advanced Krawl-TEK compound that enhances grip on rock and slick surfaces. Plus, a Linear Flex Zone allows the tire to flex and envelop objects in aired-down driving situations.
Created to conquer
27% tougher sidewalls
- Go places others only dream of, thanks to race-proven advancements. CoreGard Max Technology uses a thick sidewall shield and specialized compound to help guard against sharp objects, while Traction-Armor Sidewall Sculpture helps prevent sidewall splitting.
215 to 315 mm
15" - 22"
85 to 65
Q 160 km/h (100 mph)
R 170 km/h (106 mph)
S 180 km/h (112 mph)
ALL OBSTACLES. ALL POSSIBILITIES.
Years of experience and testing in some of the toughest conditions on Earth have resulted in a tyre that thoroughly and consistently defies expectations. Here's why.
A reconstruction of an off road icon.
Extreme toughness and traction. Proven reliability. The all-new BFGoodrich KM3 tyre delivers off-road performance unlike any mud-terrain tyre before it. Featuring enhanced CoreGard Max technology for tougher sidewalls and Krawl-TEK tread compound for better grip and traction, the KM3 is built from the ground-up to conquer any terrain.
Where does the BFGoodrich® Mud-Terrain T/A® KM3 tyre within the BFGoodrich light truck portfolio?
BFGoodrich Tires introduced the world's first radial mud-terrain tire 38 years ago with the launch of the BFGoodrich® Radial Mud-Terrain T/A®. Our newest edition - KM3 - is our 5th generation of mud products and within the extreme off -road portion of the portfolio, just under the Krawler TM T/A® KX. The KM3 tire is designed to be "must-have equipment" for serious enthusiasts when conditions require extreme toughness and traction.
What are the major improvements and new technologies introduced in the KM3?
Product that is improved over its predecessor and meets the needs of serious off-road enthusiasts:
- 5% better mud traction 1 from its Terrain-Attack tread design.
- 8% better rock traction 2 thanks to Krawl-TEK tread compound.
- 27% tougher sidewalls 3 with race-proven CoreGard Max technology.
What sets the Mud-Terrain T/A® KM3 tyre apart from other off-road tires?
Toughness - specifically in the critical sidewall area.
- CoreGard Max technology features thicker sidewall rubber taken directly from our race-proven Baja T/A® KR3 tire.
- Traction-Armor Sidewall Sculpture in the upper sidewall/shoulder area of the tire provides additional protection and deflects objects away from the critical sidewall failure zone.